Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do you have to make your reservations for the Uffizzi for a certain time and stick to that time????

Do you have to make your reservations for the Uffizzi for a certain time and stick to that time????

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 05:03 AM
Kay

When I made my reservations on the Web for the Uffizzi and the Accademia I put 8:40am for both...am I in BIG trouble??

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 06:31 AM
cheryl

I don't know when you made the reservations, but I would try to contact them immediately and explain the problem. Perhaps they will exchange one set of tickets, I don't know what the exchange policy is. Your reservations are indeed for a specific time, and there is obviously no way you can be in both places at the same time. We spent about 3 hours at each museum, so I would probably get the tickets for different days to spread out the museums a bit. It's very easy to get overloaded in Florence.

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 07:25 AM
Valerie

I would recommend canceling the Accademia reservation and keeping the Uffizzi because I know that I had to wait 2 1/2 hours in line in Sept for the Uffizzi whereas the Accademia was simply a 10 min wait. Hope this helps you.

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 12:16 PM
Stephanie

Dear Kay,
Wanted to second the vote to stick with your Uffizzi reservation. Am just home from a fabulous week in Tuscany and since we decided on a whim that we were too close to Florence to totally pass up spending at least a day of our precious short week's stay there, we found much to our surprise and delight that we were able to walk right into the Accademia without any reservations at all. I must add that our day in Florence was a Sunday (not sure which day you're thinking of being there) but wonderful Florence, the city now famous for hordes of tourists, seemed remarkably quiet and sane on a Sunday when all the businesses were closed up tight. Best of luck to you! stephanie
(p.s. I must give credit where due -- the nay-sayers were right about the lines at the Uffizzi!)

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 03:52 PM
becky

Was there 10 days ago; change Academia. Ufizzi is a zoo...no entrance without reservations.

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 01:18 PM
pam

Just returned from Florence--We walked right into the Accademia. I didn't care to go to Uffizi this trip but hubby wanted to go. I'd intended to make reservations by phone before we went but hadn't gotten a commitment from the husband about it. Spoke to a guard--reservations were booked a week out but after some chatting, he allowed that we should come back about 6:30pm and should be able to walk in. Uffizi is open until 9pm Tues to Fri, midnight on Saturday and until 8pm on Sunday. Hope this helps.