Do you feel safe traveling in 02?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:05 AM
StarshipTrooper

Do you feel safe traveling in 02?

Do you all think it is safe to travel in 02? I know security measures have improved and all, but do you all feel safer?

Is there a certain amount of danger involved in traveling ?

I guess it probably would be more dangerous getting caught in the middle of Rosie O' Donnell and Oprah Winfrey as those buffalos race for the last piece of bacon at the breakfast bar. Yah think?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:34 AM
Jay

Dear Trooper,
We have been traveling regularly since 9/11 so I guess that answers your question. We actually went from Los Angeles to France on 9/15/01. It was a bit eerie, but I didn't feel really frightened. There are always safety issues to consider whenever you travel - we have changed vacation plans before based on various safety and political issues over the years, but I, for one, won't stop travelling in '02. Take advantage of the bargains before everyone gets back on the road! Enjoy!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:45 AM
pleasegoback

This seems more of a reason to get in some "clever" digs about rubenesque women than a real question about travel.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:51 AM
janis

yes - in 2001, 2002, 2003 and thereafter. I went to the UK and Paris - flew into LHR on Sept 21 and back on Oct 12. And my only fear was that someone would do someting stupid in a terminal, screw up the screening, and I'd miss a flight.

No - I don't feell safer - that impplies it wasn't safe before. Air travel is and always has been the safest form of travel. And I have always tried to be sensible in my travels and not gotten into situations I couldn't get out of.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:14 AM
Barry

If you want to really see a lot of answers to this "Beat to Death" question
search on "Why is everybody still traveling to Europe so soon after 9/11?"

I think that is an exact quote... Fodors may have pulled it by now however... it wound up getting kind of out of hand!!!

Barry

P.S. - I leave for Zurich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague and Budapest on March 5th if that answers the question gt;)

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:18 AM
kristin

I am a flight attendent and have never felt safer in the air. I fly about three days a week up to 5 flights a day. Crew members have gone through extensive training and self defense classes. Put it this way not one terrorist ahs gotten away with anything since 9/11.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:00 AM
Dan

I'm sitting in my office building basically next to the Sears Tower. I feel a lot safer travelling than sitting here.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:27 AM
cd

Starship Trooper
Your degrading judgement of Rosie and Oprah being buffalos was extremly rude. Your attempt of humor at the expense of others reveals a lot about your character.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 09:33 AM
xxx

Implying that Rosie and Oprah are buffaloes, is an insult to the buffaloes. The buffalo is a powerful, intelligent, and graceful animal. You should be hearing from the attorneys for the WBADL (Water Buffalo Anti-Defamation League) very soon.