We will be a family of 5 (4 adults, one child) traveling from Seville to Granada to Toledo to Madrid. I've heard different opinions about whether or not we should rent a car and could use some solid advice.
We were thinking that we would not rent a car while in Seville and do day trips by train to Ronda, Cordoba, etc.
We thought we would rent a car to go to Granada and then Toledo. We would drop it off once we got to Madrid.
Does this sound reasonable? Should we try to find an apartment in Seville (we will be there 9 days) that has parking and keep a car there too, or is that too much of a hassle?
Thank you in advance.
Also, we will be arriving at different times in Seville via Madrid. (We are all flying into Madrid.) Is it easier to fly from Madrid to Seville or take the train? If we fly, the tickets are cheap, but we would have a 6 hour layover in Madrid. Is that worth it? The train is more expensive (at least from what I have found), and it seems like it would be a hassle to get to the station. What do most people do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1888 : 279 : O246 installations CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 tinnitus
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Scotland ideas
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 Trans Siberian Train