Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do they pay people to suck face on Paris Bridges and in parks?

Notices

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:52 AM
troll

Just wondering. Paris inspires us all, and I don't have a problem with a little public display of affection. Paris almost demands it. However, some of the couples I have come across don't look inspired, nor do they look like they need a hotel room, they just look like they are putting on a (paid) performance. Your experiences?

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Linda

Oh my. They put on a show just for the tourists. My second trip to Paris taking the cruise down the Seine with 3 girlfriends we spotted a handsome young man under one of the bridges buck naked and waving to the tourists with one hand and use your imagination to guess what he was doing with the other hand. Later that night at the Eiffel Tower another guy was giving a show for the tourists in the bushes. Viva La France!

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Capo

Oui, they ARE putting on a paid performance. I pay them and then get a kickback every time someone posts on Fodors and complains about it. With your post, I just made 15 euros...Merci!

Old May 14th, 2002, 08:11 AM
wifey

Yep-I paid my husband to kiss me on the Pont Neuf.

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:56 AM
LoveLoveLove

Question: some of the couples I have come across don't look inspired, nor do they look like they need a hotel room, they just look like they are putting on a (paid) performance. Your experiences?

Answer:
As half of an American couple that always displays public affection when in Paris, I say eat your heart out and don't forget to drop a coin at our feet.

Old May 14th, 2002, 10:42 AM
troll

Lovelove: Were you the one getting licked on the forehead or the lickee? Seriously, some of the couples I come across looked almost bored.

Old May 14th, 2002, 10:45 AM
troll2

maybe they look bored because they wanted someone more exciting than you to be around

Old May 14th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Capo

Before heading to Italy a month ago, I'd told my girlfriend that PDAs are, in my opinion anyway, far more common in France & Italy than they are in the U.S.

Immediately after getting off the Alilaguna water bus from Marco Polo airport we spotted a couple lost in a deep embrace and passionate kiss. My girlfriend whipped out her camera and that was the first photo she took in Europe. She turned to me and said "I think I'm going to love Italy." And she did.

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Rhett

Perhaps I shall give Scarlett a big X on that Ile St. Louis bridge sometime ... and then we'll break for wine and chocolate, and chit chat about the latest dog and cat doings in the real world.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:21 PM
scarlett

Oh Rhett- how you do go on~
MWAH*****Scarlett

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:38 PM
kiss

Kiss me

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:52 PM

troll, you're so ^%$#@! ugly, no one would dare to touch you so be damned thankful for what you can see. Ack, the thought of you makes me SICK!!!

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:21 PM
butterfly

Oh Brett, suck her face and leave the cash on my tray.

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:05 AM
troll

987321: Do you kiss your mom (on a bridge in Paris) with that mouth? I must have struck a nerve somewhere. Tell me, did I fail to drop a coin in your hat while you and your mom were going at it?

Old May 15th, 2002, 08:28 AM
woooo!

Wooooooooooo! ttt with ye!