Do Italian women like American men?

Oct 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Do Italian women like American men?

I am traveling to Naples & Rome & possibly Amsterdam in two weeks.
I know how American women fall all over European men & was wondering if the reverse is true in Europe?
Oct 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
J62

Yes, the reverse is true. American men fall over European women. Especially those hot Italian women!
Oct 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

lol, I know about that from personal experience. I was actually wondering how the women in Italy react to American men.
Oct 4th, 2012, 09:53 AM

No.

European women don't "fall all over" anyone in my experience. (Europeans on the whole are more reserved than Americans. Longer to get to a first name basis and definitely longer to develop a personal relationship - unless that is their profession.)

Nor do American women "fall all over" foreign men. An unusual accent is an attraction for a few minutes and can lead to a conversation - after that a whole lot of other attributes come into play.

Including not thinking of "women" as some sort of single entity. Or expecting anyone to "fall all over you" - a singularly unpleasant trait.
Oct 4th, 2012, 09:58 AM

welcome to Fodors. You have received a couple of remarkably 'civil' responses. Considering the question . . . you have been lucky
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM

No, it's not true. Sorry.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

This is meant as a fun question.
If this in any way offends your delicate sensibilities, please feel free move on to the next question rather than submit an editorial.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

@ janisj: Thank you...it's still early though.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:11 AM

I don't think there's too many Italian women in Amsterdam.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM

wow -- are these women really uptight or what? You should look at their other posts. (Second, thought, scratch that.)

You headed that way, texas_son? You'll find out! My opinion is that Italian women in the north and in the cities are more forward and certainly a LOT more relaxed about flirting than American women. It's almost expected to be the way men and women interact. Can't always take it seriously though.

Can't agree American women fall all over Italian men. They're brought up to be too "good" and make a prune face at anybody who makes them think of sex.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Again - welcome to Fodors . . .

"This is meant as a fun question. "

The place for most 'fun' questions (assuming you aren't seriously asking, this would probably qualify) is in the Lounge where anything (almost anything) goes. Lots of fun over there.

"If this in any way offends your delicate sensibilities, please feel free move on to the next question rather than submit an editorial."

Unfortunately OPs don't get to say who can and can't respond.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

@biztravfod: Thank you. I see how the foreign accent always seems to get the American ladies' attention. I was hoping an American accent would do the same.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:23 AM

uptight? oh really biztravfod. you must be kidding.

if i'm going to fall all over anyone it's *french* men, not the italians!! being italian they just remind me of my relatives.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Nope - you put the question here - in a pubic forum. So you will continue to get editorials until your eyes roll back in your head.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM

IME, an "American accent" pretty much anywhere in Europe isn't looked upon as an attribute.
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM

biztravel -

You may find that women make faces like prunes when they think about sex with you. Don't know you - so can't say.

I can tell you it's not a general reaction except for men that are unacceptable for a variety of reasons.
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM

<>

Unless you happen to fall upon a dirt farmers convention.

(That was a joke...)

Not sure why, but the French find a Texas accent impossible to understand.

Why Texas is more difficult than say Carolina or a thick New York accent I have no idea but it would appear to be a fact
Oct 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Only in America does a question about sex on the road get moved off a travel board! Bet $10 some prude contacted the "mods" and reported it as "inappropriate" for a travel discussion. Guess some of us must be staying at different hotels, or just notice more.

Nytraveler,

I am a heterosexual woman, so you guessed wrong. Like I said, I notice. Puritanical America is what a lot of American women really get programmed to enforce. Slap, slap, slap, ew when it comes to talk of sex.

texas_son,

I have two words for you; George Clooney. When you get to Italy, you'll see he's the One. Italian women like American men. They even still like Obama.

suze, for me, the Spanish are the most gorgeous guys in Europe. Sexy talkers too.
Oct 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM

I don't see where anyone asked about "sex on the road".
Oct 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM

biztravfod~my daughter and I both suspected almost every male waiter we had in Spain was hired for their looks!!

I suspect that Italian (or any other ethnic group) women will "fall all over" you if you are charming, have good social skills and good grooming.......and being good looking wouldn't hurt!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO