Reload this Page >

Do I need to make reservations for Louvre and Rodin Museum

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:55 AM
XX

I read that you need reservations for the Uffizi museum in florence. Do I need them for any of these two or any other of the common sightseeing in Paris? <BR><BR>Thanks

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Kimberley

Nope, you don't need them at either. Both are covered by the Paris Museum Card, so if you're planning on buying the card you can avoid any lines. Otherwise, you really shouldn't have to wait at Rodin because it's so small and not too crowded. You'll probably wait in line a bit at the Louvre, but shouldn't be too crazy - I think we waited about 20 minutes.<BR>Kimberley

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:05 PM
x

Thanks for the tip.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Tess

No reservations needed. Actually I don't think it's even possible to do so. The Museum Card, which can be purchased for different durations (1-day, 3-days, etc), IS worthwhile. There's a website that lists all the museums for which you can access --- www.musee.??? Key in "Paris Museum Card" in your browser & you'll pull it up. The card can be purchased at any of the museums that honor it OR also can be bought at most of the metro stops. <BR>

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:13 PM
what

couldn't reserve if you wanted to. can also buy tickets for Louvre at many department stores and shops. www.louvre.fr

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:25 PM
sabina

the museum pass is a great idea especially if you are going to a lot of them. when we were visiting the orsay the line was around the block, but because we had the pass we just went right in. the rodin museum was an unexpected pleasent surprise - try to defently see it.