Dividend (FF) miles to Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just redeemed points for two tickets to Europe for September. YIPEEEE! We are flying into Paris and flying out of Barcelona four weeks later. Double YIPEEEEEE!!!

I called US Airways around eight times over the last three days to get the tickets. First there were no flights, then there were only seats that got me half way there and back, then there were flights with a boat load of connections. Everyone I talked to had a different knowledge base in how to get me set up. And, the website looked different every day, in fact, every time I logged in. I looked at flights again this morning and saw a one-stop flight there and back. I called in and asked for that flight, they said that one is not avaliable. I said "it says it has seats". They said "Really? OK" and they booked me and I got my seat assignments.

Geez Louise, I can't believe that's the way it works, but I'm happy we got a great flight schedule. One more time.....YIPEEEE!

Christine
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Congratulations, soundness! I can sure understand your happiness. And good for you in not giving up.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Yippee!!! Good for you for sticking with it through the maze!
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM

In my experience, US Airways is one of the most difficult airlines to book ff tickets with.
If the itinerary is not readily available for you to pull up on line, you must call and ask for the flights. This makes the ticketing more difficult because if you get someone with little or no knowledge and cannot check to see if seats are available yourself you are cooked.
I always book tickets with an agent.
But the agents they employ in Mexico or India or wherever don't always know what you are asking for.
I am glad it worked for you.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

The process has always been difficult. I was surprised that I was the one telling THEM what was avaliable. I guess that may be the key from now on. Hopefully it helps others here get booked.
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM

What I don't understand is why US Airways does not upgrade the website.
I can go onto Continental's site and pull up an open jaw flight on US Airways for the dates I want but I cannot pull up an open jaw flight on the US Airways site. It is very frustrating. They are both Star Alliance members.
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 07:44 PM

Good job! We recently got flights using miles with United. Happy day!
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 11:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you ALWAYS have to call them to make DM open jaw arrangements...says so right on the screen... and glad it worked out