Reload this Page >

Disneyland Paris - To go or not?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 02:29 AM
Rhonda

I'm thinking about taking my teenage (13 & 15) step-children from Australia to Disneyland Paris in January. They seem keen to go - does anyone have any advice about hotels etc. or just general experiences and comments about the theme park. Thinking 2nights/3days - any comments welcome.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 08:09 AM
julie

If there are theme parks where you live you may want to skip it. There is so much to do and see in Paris that most people decide not to spend the time at the Disney park. <BR> <BR>Earlier this year, I took my 8 1/2 year old to Paris. I planned on spending 1 day in Disney if she got fidgety and needed a kid-day. We were there 2 weeks and she never needed the kid-day so we didn't make it to Disney. <BR> <BR>From this board and from my own research on the internet, I learned that Paris Disney was not as good as the one in Florida. We go to Disney in Florida, and do French things in France. Next time we go to France, if she needs a kid-day, I might take her to the Asterix park since that is more "French". <BR> <BR>Hope this helped a little.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Mónica

I went to Dislenyland Paris when I was 15, and I loved it. Now, I think thet it is a good way of spending a day in Paris... special for the kids. They'll love it.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 12:12 PM
Cristina

I just spent a 5 days there in July and had a blast. My children were a little on the young side but that didn't stop us "big kids" from all the rides. We stayed at the Newport Bay which is less than a 10 minute walk from the park. If you have a car, you might want to stay a little farther away at the Davey Crocket Ranch. Here is a good link that is pretty much run by people who have annual passes so they know all the ins and outs. http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/ and this is the official site http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/ Go for it you will have a blast.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Rhonda G

Rhonda, <BR> <BR>I took my family to Disney Paris a couple of years ago and they loved it. We spent the month in France and I thought it would do the kids good to do some kid things. I enjoyed the comparisons between the American and the French version. That won't be an issue for your step children but I enjoyed seeing the perception of America from a European perspective. Disney Paris is a smaller version of the American parks but there never seems to be enough time to see everything anyways. My daughter particularly enjoyed watching the shows which were quite different than in the States. I don't think I would spend three days but that's just me. I don't think there will be any problem finding hotels at that time of year. Rick Steves book mentions some hotel possibilities. I also went to another park called Futuroscope which is a French park based mostly on animation. It came highly recommended by comments on this forum but I was not overly impressed with it. I'm sure it has a lot to do with preferences created by the culture you're from. I don't think you could go wrong by going at least one day.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 07:21 AM
JKD

My wife and I were there in August and thought it was o'kay...About $30 US for a day but we were gone in about 4 hours and I believe we saw most everything...Why not stay in Paris and make the easy 30 minute commute on the RER...Have fun

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Rhonda

Thank you for your responses - they are greatly appreciated. I think we've decided to book an apartment in Paris for the week and plan to spend a day at Disneyland early in the week and if the kids are really impressed then we'll go back later in the week. I've found all your responses very helpful..thanks again. Any suggestions on family friendly apartments in Paris?