Reload this Page >

Discount Eurostar tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 10:25 AM
Nicole

I'm planning on taking the Eurostar from London to Paris next month and I wanted to know if anyone is aware of a way to buy discount Eurostar tickets. Also, someone on this board suggested taking a tour because I am going to Paris and back to London in one day. Does anyone know of any tour companies that do day trips to Paris and how do I get in touch with them? Thanks, <BR>Nicole <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 02:04 PM
elvira

http://www.evanevans.co.uk/paris.htm <BR>geez, that was a tough one to find; I have the info at home, but it took me a couple of websearches to find the site. <BR> <BR>The only discount I know of is if two people travel together: www.eurostar.com <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 02:11 PM
lynn

Nicole, we received a discount (20% I believe) on Eurostar tickets from London to Paris because we also purchased Britrail Flexipasses. We purchased both from RailEurope before we left the U.S. Hope this helps. Have a great time!

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 08:09 PM
Nigel Doran

There is currently a promotion on Eurostar, and quite a clever one at that, basing itself on the current Austin Powers/swinging 60s fad. 'Let's go conti-mental' say the hoardings, urging you to travel to Paris for £49 return. Day trips might be at this price too, though am not sure. Also, you might not be able to book from abroad. Why not do your own day trip at that price? <BR>Eurostar is a good way to go, by the way.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 11:58 AM
elvira

Nigel, I found that L49 but it expired 3/9 or somewhere around there; has it been extended?? We're traveling Eurostar mid-September, and we paid about twice that...we did get the 20% disc for travelling together, but still...

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 11:02 PM
joelle

They still advertise in Paris for the 49 pounds (495 FF) return ticket till Sept. 15. The other "regular" discount price costs around 69 pounds return for the Eurostar. <BR>

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 03:48 AM
Valerie

Nicole, <BR> <BR>Call 1-800-EUROSTAR and they will fax you the cost if you give them destinations and fax you all the exact time schedules which I find very helpful in my planning. It will tell you the arrival time in Paris as well and return times and prices. I found that to be cheapest when buying here in the States. Bonne Chance!

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 09:40 AM
kristi

I have called 800-EUROSTAR and also BritRail, both of which seem to be affliated with rail europe, to see what fares are available in the US and they only have standard ($109) and first class ($179) available plus add on fees for handling and for reservations. Apparently to get a deal on tickets you must be in Europe. If we were to wait until we got to London to purchase our tickets, around 4 days in advance in the beginning of September, would we be risking not getting a seat at all to save a few dollars? Are there certain times of the day that are busier than others? <BR> <BR>Elvira, did you get the 20% discount from the US or Europe?