Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dinner tours of Florence--are they cheesy or worthwhile?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Esther

Has anyone been on one of the CAF Tours (www.caftours.com) evening dinner excursions in Florence? They sound sort of nice, but they don't specify the restaurant(s). I'm wondering if it would be a good way to get introduced to the area's delicacies and some of the sights or if it's just a tourist trap?

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Nutella

I always think that historical tours are worthwhile for all the info they give, but I can't see the benefit of this dinner tour. In Florence, English is spoken widely, so if that is your concern, you will have no problems in restaurants. I cant say for sure because I havent taken the tour, but you might get mass produced meals. Sounds like a tourist trap to me!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Diane

Oh, I agree with Nutella. Florence has some wonderful restaurants (check out Rants & Raves)

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Andrea

I hope someone who has gone on one of the tours posts - out of curiosity I checked their website, and the dinner & music tour sounds great! Of course, one could go to those restaurants independently, but probably not with opera singers . . . <BR><BR>If you do go, please post back and let us know if it was cheesy or worthwhile - because I'm apt to try it next time I'm in Italy unless warned away!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Esther

Andrea: I'm still debating, but if I do decide to go on one of the tours, I'll let you know how it turned out. We'll be back in the States on October 18th (we leave on October 5th).