Reload this Page >

If you had one day in Italy...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 1999, 04:21 AM
Karie

If you had only one day to spend in Italy, what would you return to see...based on your previous travel experience? If you could be just set down there instantly tomorrow morning...The one unforgetable sight/experience that you would want to relive?

Old Jan 27th, 1999, 06:14 AM
KRISTA

Definitely Ravello! The town sits high on a cliff above the town of Amalfi. The views from Ravello are spectacular. You enter the Villa Rufulo and there are beautiful gardens that overlook the Mediterranean. The town itself is very quiet with lots of winding pathways. Every turn brings a new sight. The whole Amalfi coast is spectacular, but Ravello definitely wins.

Old Jan 27th, 1999, 07:06 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Karie, Why are you doing this to me ? <BR>Having to choose is tearing me up. <BR>OK--let me hedge a bit. The answer is <BR>any one of several places in the fabulous Lakes---take your pick ! <BR>ORTA SAN GUILIO <BR>RIVA DEL GARDA <BR>STRESA <BR>BELLAGIO <BR>The Italian Lakes are my favorites.

Old Jan 28th, 1999, 01:42 PM
Robin

Positano! I didn't have a chance to get to Ravello, so I can't compare the two cities. But Positano is another one of those spectacular places on the Amalfi coast perched on the cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean. It is very beautiful.

Old Jan 29th, 1999, 01:45 AM
Joel

<BR>Portofino, of course. It is one of the finest one-day destinations in the world, correctly sized to permit you to fully take in its incredible beauty. It's in the Cinque Terre region on the Mediterranean coast E of Genoa. You've seen its tiny port on calenders and post card, and in travel articles all your life. One road leads in or out. There's one parking lot. The rest is sheer beauty.

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 11:39 AM
Nell

Venice was the most magical stop on our trip. I was simply not prepared for the beauty and the other-worldly feeling that it had. It was like stepping back in time, so quiet and peaceful. The church bells and doves cooing outside our balcony were pure music.As you can see I was quite taken by the place. Who knows, maybe in a past life....

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 06:32 PM
Dayle

Venice! On the Grand Canal (not in summer) just soaking up the atmosphere....

Old Feb 12th, 1999, 02:19 PM
Carolyn

Definately Venice! I wouldn't miss San Marcos or another gondola ride for the world!