Reload this Page >

Dining near Place du Voges

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:47 AM
Tracy

We are renting an apt in Paris quite near the place du Voges and I am looking for info on informal dining in the area. What is the best bakery there? Cafes? Bistros? Thanks

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:55 AM
s.fowler

Ma Bourgogne is under one of the porticos of the buildings that surround Place de Vosges. Here's a page that talks about that brasserie/cafe and some others also near the square. http://www.chezvous.com/paris/neighb...es/vosges.html

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:07 AM
c

I second Ma Borgogne! One of my favorite memories from the first time we were in Paris was sitting at the outdoor cafe, with the warmers working away to keep us cozy, the waiters were all joking and friendly, and the food was great! and to top it off, there was an opera singer practicing in her apt.We walked over to the park and sat and watched the children playing in the sand box and listened to the music-it was perfect~

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:29 AM
Ingrid

I think the place was called Coconasse -- delicious food and great ambiance. Right on Place de Vosges. <BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:08 AM
PB

Coconnas is a great little place and has been one of our favorites for years.<BR><BR>Another good bistro is "Chez Janou" on the rue Roger (the street that runs behind the Pavillon de la Reine hotel in the Place). Jean Francois is from Avignon, so there is definitely a taste of Provence in his menu.<BR><BR>PB

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:17 PM
ger

Le (la?) Barrcane is on the Rue de Turenne just around the corner. I'm very fond of the cassoulet and their desserts are divine.<BR><BR>Regards ... Ger

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:24 PM
Robin

I ate at Guirlande de Julie, which is also highlighted on the web site mentioned above. It is right there on the Place, and was charming for lunch.