Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

10 Day Itinerary for Adalucia/Southern Spain: Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Zach

I am planning a trip to southern spain for 9 nights in late June this year. I would love to hear any suggestions on my proposed itinerary below. Thanks.<BR><BR>3 nights in Sevilla<BR>1 night at the parador in Rhonda<BR>3 nights in Marabella - any hotel suggestions here? I am thinking about the Coral Beach, Westin Las Quintas, or Las Dunas<BR>2 nights in Granada<BR>stop in Cordoba for the day on the drive back to Sevilla for the flight out.<BR><BR>Another thing I am thinking about is swapping the night in Rhonda or one of the nights in Granada for 1 night at the Parador in Jean.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 08:15 PM
fd

Skip Ronda, spend an extra day in Granada

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:03 AM
CathyM

IMHO-I wouldn't skip Ronda. The white villages are spectacular. You could spend a day just driving the Pueblos blancos route. Two nights in Granada is good - just enough time to enjoy everything without rushing.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:09 AM
JP

in my humble opinion as well, i wouldn't skip ronda. we went to the same area just a few months ago. we spent 1 night in ronda [also stayed in seville, granada, malaga/marbella & nerja] we all agreed that ronda was the highlight. <BR><BR>depending on what you like you could cut down the nights in marbella. although i understand if you want beach time. <BR><BR>hth<BR>JP

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:30 PM
mary lewis

I would definitely KEEP Ronda in your plans - if anything I would personally cut down on the time in Granada - it was my least favorite city (although the Alhambra is not to be missed) in Andalusia. The parador is fantastic in Ronda - we got a room on a corner with a full view of the valley and also next to the gorge. Make sure and request a valley view. You might consider a night in Cordoba - we were pleasantly surprised at how charming this city was and were glad to be there at might.