Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Dining in the 6th Arr of Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/dining-in-the-6th-arr-of-paris-48470/)

Bob Brown Jul 13th, 1999 05:02 AM

Dining in the 6th Arr of Paris

We have a good thread going on dining in the 7th Arr, with many good suggestions. <BR>How about the 6th? Any body have some good recommendations to make?

Monica Jul 13th, 1999 05:09 AM

These were the restaurants My Mom and I ate in back in May (some are in the 7th arr.) These were from the Cheap Eats in Paris book. We had wine with our meals and most menus included appetizer, entrée, dessert and each section had several choices to choose from. The Menus were the best value. <BR> <BR>- Aux Gourmets des Arts (paid $39) 5th Arr. <BR>- Au Petit Prince (paid about $56, no dessert) 6th Arr. <BR>- Le Bistrot de Breteuil (paid $62); one of our favorite and best restaurants 7th Arr. <BR>- Bistrot Le P'tit Troquet (paid $72) 7th Arr. <BR>- Le Bistrod du 7'eme (paid $47) 7th Arr. <BR>- Restaurant des Beaux Arts (paid approx $53, included a $22 bottle of wine as we splurged on our last night) <BR> <BR> <BR>

Vincent Jul 16th, 1999 12:13 AM

I would second "Le Petit Prince" (it's my favorite expense-account restaurant ! ) on rue Monsieur Le Prince. A nice, more unusual one is "Le Bouillon Racine", 3, rue Racine : great art deco rooms, airy atmosphere, delicious Belgian nouvelle cuisine food - and no tourist !

elvira Jul 16th, 1999 07:08 AM

Cote Seine, quai des Grands Augustins, 6th less than $30 for prix fixe, art on the wall that's for sale, lots of locals, very nice maitre d' & waiters. <BR> <BR>Vincent: merci for the Bouillon Racine; haven't had Belgian food in a while, sounds like definite do this fall.

Bob Brown Jul 16th, 1999 07:24 AM

I appreciate all of the suggestions so far. But, I will be on my own expense account, which means I am not searching for $150 for 2 restaurants. So any suggestions at the 'everyday" end of the scale is more what I am seeking. We are staying at a hotel Rue des Rennes, southern end of the street. <BR>I have heard of the Ala Cour Rohan Tea Room. Any of you know anything about it? <BR>

Vincent Jul 16th, 1999 08:12 AM

Bob, when I wrote "expense account", it has to be put back in the modest perspective of a low Euro, tip and tax included environment, i. e. 250 F (currently $ 38) for a delicious meal, with wine of course. And that's for dinner, for lunch divide by two. So you see it's worth it !

Joe Jul 16th, 1999 08:57 AM

Two very different restaurants in the 6th that I like are Claude Sainlouis, rue de Dragon, and Les Bookinistes, quai des Grands Augustins. Dinner at the first and the fixed price lunch at the second were both around $30 when I was there last year. Claude Sainlouis is a steak & frites restaurant with a neighborhood clientele and often good specials (I tried tuna in basque sauce that was especially good.) It has a nice old fashioned atmosphere. Les Bookinistes is one of several bistros run by Guy Savoy, whose eponymous 2 star restaurant is well known. It's a chic modern version of a bistro and attracts a mix of business people and tourisits for lunch. And it gives you a sense of what the bistros run by most of the star chefs are like.