Dingle , Killarney B&B and 2 Mile Inn

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 05:28 PM
RoRo

Dingle , Killarney B&B and 2 Mile Inn

Has anyone stayed at Walsh's Townhouse B&B in Dingle?
ANY other recommendations?

How about Chelmsford House in Killarney?

We are booked at 2 Mile Inn Limerick w/pkg. Have heard mixed reports about it.

Thanks!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 05:54 PM
sue

In Dingle we've stayed at Greenmount House. Excellent breakfast, wonderful view, large clean rooms. Would highly recommend it.
In Killarney we stayed at Kathleens B&B. Also very nice rooms, clean, and great breakfast.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Geoff

Don't about the others, but about 2 Mile Inn I don't know where the negatives come from. It's just fine in my experience.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:36 PM
mariana

The 2 Mile Inn is not far from Shannon Airport....(w edge of Limerick)....is an "American" type Best Western and VERY comfortable...especially for the first night after an overseas flight. Has two double beds (almost unheard of overseas outside of large American chains). Very quiet on courtyard rooms The hotel isn't atmospheric or typically Irish...but quite comfortable.. clean and RESTFUL!>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Debbie

I stayed at ( and plan on going back to ) Crystal Springs in Killarney.
Very nice - great breakfast. Lives up to its web site.

good luck

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 03:10 PM
kara

I travelled to Ireland in September and stayed at the Two Mile Inn and Chelmsford House. The Two Mile Inn is fine for what it is worth----a restful first nite in Ireland. We got up too late for the breakfast, get there by 10:30.

Chelmsford House was very nice, Louise is very nice and the breakfasts were good. The rooms were really pretty small, I think even by B&B standards, and the hard wood floors throughout the upstairs was a little noisy in the mornings. But, it was within walking distance of the restaurants and pubs of Killarney (if you can take a fairly steep hill)--so, all in all, we were happy with it.
Enjoy!!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Barb

Dingle - best B&B Heaton's Guesthouse they have a site on the web. Loved that place and the breakfast was yummy!!!!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:05 AM
KEC

RoRo,
I am going to Ireland also, and I saw Walsh's in the B&B book. I was wondering about it as well.

I think that I will post a separate question about it.

Are you going on a Sceptre package? We are, and we also are staying at the 2 Mile Inn.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:25 PM
JK

Re: Dingle lodging.

We just returned, and loved the view from the Pax House in Dingle. It's less than a mile from town. Not sure if they are open year round, but the location and view were the best we had on our 2-week tour of Ireland.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Muireann

I have stayed at the Abbey Lodge in Killarney. Spacious rooms, great art work, and delicious breakfast!! Their web address is www.abbey-lodge.com

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:26 AM
doc

I have been to Walshes. Good people and nice B&B. Right in the center of town

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 08:22 AM

Apologies for topping an older topic, but I wanted to add my raves for Louise and the Chelmsford House in Killarney.

DH and I stayed there two years ago and our room was spotless with a wonderful view of the Gap of Dunloe.

Louise and her family could not have been nicer!
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 06:08 PM
mkd

We stayed at Greenmount House, in Dingle the older section of the guesthouse, and would recommend it very highly, especially for the outstanding if not groaningly outrageouse breakfasts. I ran each day up from Greenmount, past the Pax house, noted above. It appears to have a nice view over the Bay. It is walkable but not near as close and as convenient at Greenmount, to town centre. Having said that, I recall reading postings on this Fodor site which offered the opinion that Greenmount was a far stretch of a walk-you must walk up a short hill! If you walk one to two miles a day as a matter course or of exercise, Greenmount is a lovely location, with the views of Dingle Bay, and quiet, yet very close to the bustle of the town.