Dijon searching for lux hotel

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 02:33 AM
marie

Dijon searching for lux hotel

Hi
I am looking for a great hotel in or near Dijon and any rec's for restaurants and of course shopping !!
Many Thanks

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 06:32 AM
GracePoole

It has been years, darling, years since I've been to Dijon. But, that said, the best hotel in Dijon was the Cloche. There was a fabulous restaurant not too far away that served delicious Dijonaisse food. If the name pops into my head I will certainly post it on this board. Cheers.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Betty

The website for the Hotel de la Cloche is http://www.hotel-lacloche.com/uk/index.html

Another top hotel in Dijon is Hostellerie le Chapeau Rouge. You can find both hotels with comments from previous patrons at http://digital.france.com/hotels/hot...omments2.ihtml

Sorry I can't give you any info based on personal experience except to say that I enjoyed my one short visit to Dijon (was staying in Beaune). Hope you enjoy yours as well.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 08:08 AM
Austin

About halfway between
Dijon and Beaune--actually closer to Dijon is the Chateau de Gilly just north of Nuit St George
Until recently it ws a Relais Chateaux and now is represented by Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Just punch Chateau de Gilly or Small Luxury Hotels on any leading search engine--like Google--and youll find it
AH

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Graziella

In c ase you are interested the Hotel la Cloche offers the bon week a Dijon deal.