We are staying with friends near Joigny (2 hrs from Dijon) and then planned to drop off our rental car and hop on the TGV to Avignon.
I had wanted to drive to Beaune and spend the day/evening before catching the TGV to Avignon (short hop from Beaune to Macon to get on the TGV line). But we realized there is no Avis in Beaune. So now we are thinking of spending the night in Dijon instead.
I had really wanted to see the Hospices de Beaune. There seems to be some interesting things in Dijon too though (Owls Trail, etc). If you could only see one of DIjon or Beaune for the day, which would you pick? We are a family of 4 with two kids (ages 8 and 10).
Any views on whether we should:
1. Drive to Beaune from Joigny; spend the afternoon and drive to Dijon. Return rental car and have dinner in Dijon. Spend the night in Dijon. Catch TGV next morning direct to Avignon; OR
2. Drive to Dijon, drop off rental car. Take 18 minute train to Beaune and spend rest of day/evening in Beaune.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Internet Cafe in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- 3 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 4 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 8 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 9 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 18 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 25 Paris November 2017