Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Did anyone make a file out of post (deleted by Fodor's) on apartments owned by fodorites? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/did-anyone-make-a-file-out-of-post-deleted-by-fodor-s-on-apartments-owned-by-fodorites-620901/)

mkdiebold Jun 4th, 2006 08:36 PM

Did anyone make a file out of post (deleted by Fodor's) on apartments owned by fodorites?

Some time ago, Fodor's deleted a thread that shared info on apartment rentals that were owned or operated by fodorites. Guess they found it too much like advertising or endorsement. Anyway, someone out there must have made it a word file BEFORE Fodor's deleted it. If you have it, please contact me at [email protected]

chicagolori Jun 5th, 2006 04:03 AM

ttt

Intrepid1 Jun 5th, 2006 04:21 AM

TTT..wasn't one of the "properties" the one St. Cirq owns?

ira Jun 5th, 2006 04:24 AM

There's also cocofromdijon's apartment in Dijon.

((I))

Lutece Jun 5th, 2006 05:26 AM

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34655759

sheila Jun 5th, 2006 08:28 AM

It was Mimi who put the file together

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 08:39 AM

Hi sheila, I only had a few and people added to it. we're looking for someone who has the full list on that thread.

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 08:42 AM

anyone who has a place can email me at hotmail and I can pass it on also to those looking for that area. This is meant for only our regular posters who contribute so much.
Sheila send me yours.

Nikki Jun 5th, 2006 08:52 AM

I copied the thread and have sent it to mkdiebold.

SAnParis Jun 5th, 2006 09:12 AM

I wouldn't mind a copy as well, if you don't mind...scott.brotherton @wachovia.com.

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 09:25 AM

Send it to me too, Nikki :)

mkdiebold Jun 5th, 2006 10:28 AM

Thanks you guys! I've made a file out of the info and will be glad to email it to whomever requests.
[email protected]

mvor Jun 5th, 2006 07:16 PM

Kathy, thanks for sending me the file and thanks to Nikki for saving the list!

I didn't see the original post so thanks to whomever had the good sense to start it (and boo to Fodor's for closing it).

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 07:21 PM

I started it but they gave me no reasons, I only posted those who are regular contributing posters, who are part of the bloodline of this forum.

StCirq Jun 5th, 2006 07:28 PM

They deleted that post? That was pretty silly of them. There was nothing advertorial about it at all, just a list of the people here who own places they rent out...you'd think, actually, it would have been useful to Fodors, maybe even something they could have grabbed without copyright permission to use for themselves....oh well...

mvor Jun 5th, 2006 07:37 PM

Hi cigale/mimi, I just opened the file and saw that it was you who was kind enough to do this for us (figures!).

I understand Fodors' no advertising policy but it would be very easy for folks to try to get around this unlike our faithful/informative posters who play by the rules. Considering the political/clothes/b.s. posts that thrive here their wisdom confounds me.

I liked Neopolitan's suggestion of "I stayed here _______ and it was _______ and btw it happens to be owned by Fodorite _________." Surely that would be ok?

Mimi, thanks again. I will be in Nice in a couple of weeks and will raise a Kir (sorry, no Pastis) in your honor!

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 07:37 PM

well posters can click on the names to ask for their email, such as PBProvence, Stcirq, Sheila, Dave_inparis
Lutece, blackduff, carlux, Keven,la_tou_du_cause to ask about their areas, of course.

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 08:06 PM

Some typos-sorry :)

cigalechanta Jun 5th, 2006 08:24 PM

Well in case I forget to wish you a Bon Voyage have a wonderful time in Nice. You read the Ny Times two articles I posted?

mvor Jun 5th, 2006 08:39 PM

Cigale, I've saved the NYT article for the weekend, thanks! We're also staying in the Marais for the first time so I need to go back and read through your wonderful report!