Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Did any one stayed at these Paris hotels?

Mar 28th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Amy

Fondary Tour Eiffel, Sevres Azur Saint-Germain, Lindbergh Saint-Germain,Aiglon Montparmasse, Claude Bernard Saint-Germain,
They are among few that are still available for April. Please let me know what you think.
Thank you

Mar 28th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Christina

I was just browsing in the bookstore last night and read some Paris hotels in the new version of Rivages' Hotels of Charme in Paris (or whatever, it's published in US by Fodors) and they included Lindbergh and said it has been refurbished stylishly and is not very charming; I know it's a great location. I guess it used to be a good deal and "decent" but sort of plain and is now what they will call "Charming" as long as you get one of the refurbished rooms -- they emphasized that.

Mar 28th, 2001, 02:56 PM
christina

sorry, this is important, I meant to write: it is NOW very charming (not not).

Mar 29th, 2001, 07:20 AM
Sandy

I just returned (Mar 24) from 3 days in Paris. We stayed at Hotel Lyon Mulhouse, 8 Blvd Beaumarchais; ph (01) 47 00 91 50, fax (01) 47-00-06-31; email: [email protected].

It is a 2-star hotel just a 1/4 block from the Bastille metro (in the 11th e). We had a large (rare for France) triple room (#26) with 2 double beds, desk, amroire, 2 full-length windows w/small balconies, color tv w/remote, phone, bath w/shower and hairdryer for only about $83! The hotel was redone a few years ago. All the desk people speak perfect English and were very friendly and helpful. It is a GREAT place to stay. And, in rue St Antoine, just a block away, are about a billion food places, shops, stores, a Monoprix, anything you would want. We will definitely stay here again!

Have a great time, I know you will,
Sandy

Mar 29th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Peg

Did not stay at the Claude Bernard in Feb., but I did inspect the room of friends who were staying there. Very nicely decorated and the bathroom was marvelous. They were especially pleased by the service and thought that the staff was exceptional. It's a great location for the Latin Quarter. I stayed at Hotel Bonaparte in the 6th. If you'd like info on that hotel, send me an e-mail. Peg

Mar 29th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Bob Brown

The Aiglon is ok. I stayed there and liked it.