Details on Bath? Construction & Kids

Aug 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Details on Bath? Construction & Kids

I'm contemplating a trip to Bath from London in October, but I've heard there is major construction underway that might impact our decision. Anybody know the latest and how much of a nuisance it would be? Also, we're bringing our 4 year old daughter, and we've found that a nice swim is the ultimate cure for jetlag -- but it looks like those wonderful baths at Bath (or at least the Thermae Spa) don't allow children. Are there any places in Bath that do? Thanks.
Aug 6th, 2008, 01:29 AM

Hi Kenman - I live near Bath and I can tell you the construction work need not affect your visit. The places of tourist interest - the Roman Baths, cathedral and city centre - are completely unaffected.

The construction work - a big new shopping precinct - is at the bottom end of town near the railway station.

Just make sure you book a hotel away from that area.

There is an indoor public swimming 3 mins walk from the centre - just across the river

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Aug 6th, 2008, 01:38 AM

Steve, do you mean that at last they have knocked down that awful precinct. Thank god for that!
Aug 6th, 2008, 01:45 AM

Hi Ribeira - Yes - and not before time!

Just hope the new one is an improvement ...

Steve
Aug 6th, 2008, 02:22 AM

I was last week in Bath and can confirm that there is nothing to see of construction.

We stayed at the Macdonald's Bath Spa hotel which has a breathtaking ensemble of thermal indoor and outdoor pools. Kids will love it.

We paid 164 pounds for a large double room including continental breakfast. There would be enough space for an extra bed in room.

www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/bathspa/

Here is my review:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...t_England.html

Search this Thread