Notices

Details about our trip to Spain

Aug 1st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Details about our trip to Spain

Now more troublesome details.

We will be in Barcelona for 6 days and 5 nights.

we are planning a day trip to Girona.

Is it worth it to get the Barcelona pass. In looking at it, I don't think so. But I would like your input.

What is near the Europark hotel that we can do our first day with an early morning arrival in Barcelona from the states. We usually push through our jet lag the first day and have a later morning the 2nd day.

What should we get tickets in advance for? What is the best website to purchase them?

There will be more questions about other cities, but I am starting with Barcelona.

thanks so much !

teach905
Aug 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM

After you have read up on Barcelona and decided what you would like to see, then one can help tell you which tickets are worth buying in advance. How would anyone know what you are interested in otherwise.
Aug 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM

In what section is the Europark Hotel? I see no reason to prepurchase tickets for the Miro, Picasso museums or to the Sagrada Familia or other Gaudi houses (picks being #1 Casa Batllo and #2 Casa Mila). The above attractions I'd rank the highest but they are spread out amidst the very walkable city. If it's a clear day upon arrival, head over via metro then funicular up to the Miro museum at Montjuic, then possibly amble down the Ramblas. Second day for the Gothic quarter including the Picasso, third day for the Gaudi houses and the cathedral, fourth day Parc Guell. We had no way to quantify how much time we wanted to spend at each, so chose to not prepay. Casa Batllo is on the loveliest promenade/boulevard which deserves lots of stops to admire architecture.
Aug 3rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

lincasanove The Europark hotel is near the Sagrada Familia.

Thanks so much aliced. That makes a great deal of sense to me. That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.

Teach905

Search this Thread