Destination in between Paris & London

Dec 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Original Poster

Destination in between Paris & London

My Fiance and I are celebrating the X-mas holiday in Paris. We will be staying there till the 27th of December. . We are looking to explore somewhere new in France..We have only seen Lyon aside from Paris- We need to fly back to London from Paris on the 30th at 3pm so we really have about 3 days to kill. Ant suggestions??? thx in advance...
Dec 13th, 2005, 02:08 AM

I would suggest the Loire Valley. Many beautiful chateaux and lovely scenery. Easy journey by car or train from Paris. Try and see Chateau Villandry as well as the obvious ones.
Dec 13th, 2005, 02:24 AM
rex

Strasbourg might also be a good choice. I would imagine that you can fly directly from there (or very nearby) back to England, without the need to return to Paris (more likely to be required from the Loire valley). I am assuming that you are NOT already locked into the Paris-London flight you reference on Dec 30. If you are, then the Loire IS a good idea. Consider the village of Richelieu - - perhaps see www.bienvenue-au-chateau.com for a lodging choice there.

See www.whichbudget.com for other ideas on France-England air travel if your situation could/would permit Strasbourg, or any other departure point from France.

Best wishes,

Rex
Dec 13th, 2005, 04:02 AM

You can drive from Paris north over Chantilly (magnificent castle with an outstanding art collection rivalling the Louvre!) and Amiens (cathedral in flamboyant gothic style) and then spend some time at the coast in Le Touquet or Boulogne-sur-mer. Although it is winter, you will enjoy the scenery and the seabreeze. From there, it is just a jump to England.
Dec 13th, 2005, 05:53 AM

Just to help your plans, Ryanair (v. cheap) now flies from more French airports than I thought existed direct to London Stansted (their hub), so don't feel limited to being within striking distance of Paris

www.ryanair.com