I would like to take my 88 year old Nan away for a weekend in Europe however I am struggling to think of a destination. We are based in London so flight time isn't a problem. She is remarkably able for her age however we will need somewhere with good transport links (or easy to get a taxi) or possibly a place where the sites are quite compact? She is fine with stairs but preferably not somewhere too hilly. As for interests we are completely open to what we do museums, landmarks and nice food would be a bonus but it is mainly about spending time together.
Thanks for any ideas you have
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 5 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Croatia in mid/late October
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona