Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Desperately searching for a romantic place to stay in Rothenburg, Germany.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 1997, 04:18 AM
Shawn Rodgers

My wife and I will be arriving from the United States in Frankfurt, Germany on August 29, 1997. We would like to spend our first night in Rothenburg. We would like to stay in a romantic setting with a price range from $100-$120 U.S. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 2nd, 1997, 08:36 AM
Gary

Try the Rothenburg website, www.rothenburg.de/HotelsE.html, lots of hotels listed and good information on Rothenburg. I can recommend the Glocke, comfortable close to the center of town, and within your budget.

Old Jul 2nd, 1997, 06:47 PM
Tricia

Hi, found another website for you--www.consorthotels.com. Two that sound promising are1) Hotel Eisenhut, created from 3 adjacent 14th century townhouses stands in the center of Rothenburg.The candlelit restaurant in the hotel has won accolades..cellar holds fine German wines, guests relax in the beer garden or garden withs its streams and colorful plants. Boats trips on the Tauber and exploring the town are fascinating. double/ twin 195 Dm... and then there is the (2) Burghotel Auf Schonburg, high up on the Schonburg, there is a romantic castle, built in the l0th century..history and luxurious comfort are both in evidence. vineyards slope down to river and ivy clings to walls. modern bathrooms..opulent.. dinner served on terrace with spectacular view of river /double twin 235 dm
Website has some pictures, phone #'s, fax #'s and the option to find out availability and book a reservation. If you have any trouble E-Mail me.

Old Jul 3rd, 1997, 12:34 PM
Joe Ferris

Last year we were in Rothenburg and stayed at the Eisenhut which wud be my first choice(but is about twice what you want to pay). Once before, we stayed in the Spitzweg; a small hotel near the downtown square. This is a very nice place and I know you would love it.
Good luck!!

Old Jul 3rd, 1997, 03:46 PM
Tricia

Old Jul 3rd, 1997, 03:49 PM
Tricia

Hi, double/twin room at Eisenhut is quoted at 195Dm-380 Dm on the internet. Using the currency converter in Fodor's 195 Dm is $111.82, which is in their price range, unless its one of those deals that when you call only higher priced rooms are availabe. I have saved bigtime by booking on the internet though!

Old Jul 4th, 1997, 03:16 PM
Bob Ricks

Just returned from Rothenburg. Have been there about five times since 1970. We stay at the Reichs Kuchenmeister. Request the old section. The rate for a nice double with bath is 160DM, less than 100 dollars. They are right next to the major church in town, next to the town square. Breakfast is included and restaurant is very good. Also have a great wein Stube for after hours drinks. Eisenhut is expensive. We have taken two other couples to the Reichs and they both liked it. Phone: 0114926717059 Fax: 0114926714202. We were there on june 19, so this is current info.