Reload this Page >

Desperate for hotel suggestion in Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Ines

Can someone please recommend a nice hotel in Venice for the end of August (about $100 per night)? It can also be on Lido - as long as there is a good boat connection downtown. Also, does anyone know of a good web site to make reservations for Venice (other than the big sites like expedia etc.) THANK YOU for all your help!!!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 11:13 AM
scurry

<BR>Locanda Fiorita <BR> <BR>Ask for a room in the annex.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 11:22 AM
John

Try Locando Art Deco. The owner spent several years in U.S. as a child, speaks great English, is a wealth of knowledge, very helpful with all your needs, and has done a great job making over the property. It is located in the heart of Venice.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Rex

www.italyhotel com - - also known as www.venere.com or www.venere.it <BR> <BR>Pensione Stella might meet your needs, though I actually do not recommend staying on Lido unless you are VERY, very constrained financially. And at $100 a night (unless you mean $100 per PERSON, for two people sharing a double room), you are VERY very financially constrained in Venice. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 11:53 AM
lili

i have heard good things about this place: <BR>Casa Gerotto <BR>http://www.casagerotto.com/ <BR> <BR>it's not fancy but a good budget place - in venice the most important thing is being in the city ... i believe the price at this place is a lot less than $100 but you have to call for availability <BR> <BR>here's another good site: <BR>http://www.italytravelsguide.com/ven...gethotels.html

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Paulo

In my Venice's experiences, the best value "budget" hotel was certainly the 1-star Caneva (Ramo della Fava 5515, San Marco, Tel. +39 041 5228118, Fax +39 041 5208676). This lays between Rialto Bridge and San Marco Square and most rooms overlook a canal. Some rooms don't have bathrooms, so you'll have to ask if you need one. <BR> <BR>For hotel reservations in Venice you may try (though I prefer contacting them directly via phone or fax) <BR>http://www.veniceinfo.it/ <BR> <BR>In your budget range you'd be looking for 1-star hotels only <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 12:11 PM
marge

I have heard great things about Hotel Galleria near Accademia stop. www.hotelgalleria.it $95 - $115. On the Grand Canal. Do a search here it's been posted many times. Rm # 8 is in the front and maybe a little noisey from the boats. Luciano & Stefano owners. They suggest that you take Alilaguna boat but it only runs once an hour. I have heard that boat #82 only makes a few stops you have to check on which #82 for there are two of them. Good Luck We will be there next April. Let's us know where you end up staying and if you are happy.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 12:13 PM
lili

if you don't mind sharing bath: <BR>One star hotels in Venice <BR> Noemi Hotel in Venice is in the heart of Venice, along one of the main streets that link the Rialto Bridge to Piazza San Marco, less than a minute's walking distance from Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square). Family-owned, Hotel Noemi has 15 rooms, most of which with telephone, satellite TV and a front view. Common restrooms and showers are on every floor. <BR> <BR>Single rooms: 110,000 - 130,000 Italian lire (US $ 47 - 56) <BR>Double rooms: 150,000 - 160,000 Italian lire ($ 65 - 70) <BR> <BR> Locanda Salieri Hotel is in a delightful location, directly overlooking the canal of the Fondamenta Minotto. It's a small, charming, family-run guest house with ten bedrooms, most with en-suite bathroom. Locanda Salieri is conveniently situated near Piazzale Roma, only ten minutes' walk from the railway station and within easy reach of Frari's Church, St. Rocco's Collection, and the many places of beauty and historic interest that Venice has to offer. <BR> <BR>Single rooms: 90,000 - 140,000 Italian lire (US $ 37 - 60) <BR>Double rooms: 110,000 - 200,000 Italian lire ($ 47 - 87) <BR> <BR>Website: http://cgi.venere.it/hotels/pgweb.cfm?htid=14322&ref=65

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Celia

Last April we stayed at Locanda al Leon, near Plaza San Marco, and were very happy with it. Our room was up two flights (I think; maybe only 1), not large but beautifully appointed. Breakfast was included. The price was, as I remember, around $100 for two of us. <BR> <BR>We found this place on the Web, I think on one of the sites mentioned in previous replies here. We reserved by e-mail, and got detailed e-mail instructions back telling us how to get to the hotel from the train station. <BR> <BR>The staff were very nice; some had more English than others.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 12:54 PM
janice

Don't be lured into the Hotel Reiter under any circumstances! They have a lovely website, and appear to be very affordable, but they guy who runs it is very abusive, and the hotel is a dump. Conversely, Hotel du Boulevard on Lido is very nice, but in August may be a tad too expensive for you. Have a wonderful time Ines!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Logan

the HOTEL ALA just west of Piazza S.Marco is nice and has a terrific location. It's barely over $100. It has its own website, and I reserved last year over the 'net. I can't remember its exact address, but it may be hotel-ala.it. I'm pretty sure it had a hypen in it. It's less than 100 yards from the side entrance of the best hotel in Venice, Hemingway's beloved Gritti Palace. I had a drink there on its terrace at sunset every day watching the traffic on the Grand Canal just a few feet away.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Donna

I have seen good reviews of La Calcina. <BR> <BR>From their website it looks like the smaller rooms hould be in your price range. <BR> <BR>http://www.lacalcina.com/ <BR> <BR>Though I do hear they fill up and it might be late to book a room for August it never hurts to try. <BR> <BR>You can e-mail them at [email protected] - thry respond very promptly. <BR> <BR>Donna

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Bob

Sounds like you are getting a lot of good recommendations. <BR> <BR>One more: We used the Antica Locanda Al Gambero in Oct 99 that we found on this site. The rooms are small but have all been recently remodeled with new bath fixtures and new wallpaper, etc. It is located on Calle dei Fabbri between Rialto and St Marks. We will use it again on a future trip to Venice. The rates were about what you are looking for, 210000L per room with breakfast. Fax is 39 041 520 0431 if interested.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:36 PM
adrienne

Ines, <BR> <BR>I'll be staying at the Hotel Caneva later this week and can give a first-hand recommendation when I return at the end of June. The person, Mario, I dealt with seemed very nice. The price at the current exchange rate is about $70USD per night for a double with bath. It's about $10 more per night if you pay by credit card. Email me if you want info when I return. <BR> <BR>Adrienne <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:22 PM
the turnip

We stayed at the Galleria and IMHO for the money it couldn't be beat! Plus the staff was very friendly and the location was a breeze. <BR> <BR>I hope you love Venice as much as we did! <BR> <BR>Cheers, the turnip

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Kathleen

Hi Ines, <BR> <BR>I stayed at the Locando Gaffaro and was very pleased with the room and service. <BR>It's a three star in the Dorsoduro, a very short walk from the car park. We walked everywhere from there. The location was excellent, the room had a balcony, and we paid about $130 per night for a triple. <BR> <BR>The website is http://www.venere.com/it/venezia/locandagaffaro/ <BR> <BR>Have a great trip. <BR>Kathleen <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 04:23 AM
Rex

to the top - - for Tiana <BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:23 AM
John

Topped for CTemp.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:41 AM
dougd

I would second the hotel Galleria for a budget stay. Great location -it's on one of the last vaporetto stops, so you get the grand tour of the canal just arriving at your hotel. The hotel is virtually a few dozen steps from the vaporetto stop. The rooms are tiny, but adequate, and right on the Grand Canal. <BR>Surprisingly, it's not that noisy at night. Breakfast is brought to your room, and the staff is reasonably friendly.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Mike

Without hesitation, I can emphatically and unequivocally recommend the Daneli. It is magnificent. A former Dodge's Palace right on the Grand Canal. There is simply no other choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -