Reload this Page >

Designer Shopping in Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 10:49 PM
sweetnsour

I was on the verge of buying a leather, bowling style purse at Furla in the U.S.,<BR>when a friend reminded me I can get designer<BR>handbags- Furla, Gucci, Pradaetc much cheaper<BR>in Milan (where I plan to visit in Apr 02),<BR>or in Italy in general.<BR><BR>I find this hard to believe. Is this true<BR>and if so do you have any recommendations<BR>on where to shop for beautiful handbags<BR>and clothing?

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 02:47 AM
MH

I also had my eye on an expensive Prada bag that was 1200DM=600$, I checked out the price in ITaly, in October and the bag was $575.00 so needless to say I did not find any big bargains in the Prada shop in Milan...but I did get a great pair of loafers for 200.00 that were on sale...Good luck finding those elusive bargains...

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Surlok

Sweentsour,<BR><BR>You shall find some bargains at these addresses:<BR><BR>http://www.made-in-italy.com/shopping/stores/stores.htm#milan<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:42 AM
E

I was there at about the same time as MH and found the prices MUCH less than in the US. MH appears to be from Germany. Maybe there is less of a price differential between those two countries (both are members in the EU, aren't they?). In any event, Prada and Gucci prices were less by at least a third, and even more at the outlets. Enjoy your purse where ever you get it from!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:11 AM
erica

<BR>I agree with E that with the exchange rate you will pay much less. And...there are Furla stores everywhere (are you anywhere other than Milano?) The stock does vary a bit from store to store so check 'em all. I did buy a purse in Roma, but it was a summer bag made from fabric with leather trim and it was about $60 USD. Their accessories are great also.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Angela

I can't agree more with Erica about the stock varying from store to store. I too saw a purse here in the states and waited till I got to Italy only not to find the same purse there. We also noted that as you go south the prices seem to become cheaper. My daughter bought a Gucci bag in Palermo for about half of what it costs here (U.S.) and about 25% cheaper than what we saw it for in Milan. If you see something you like in a store, buy it then, because there's no guarantee you will find it in the same store in a different city.