Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Designer Discount shopping in Paris, London and Italy

May 27th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone know where I can find the Burberry, Prada, or Louis Vuitton outlets? I have searched the web and been unsuccessful. I once read a guide about London that told me where the places are, but of course now I can't remember which guide it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
May 28th, 2003, 11:01 AM

I happen to have this list for Italy from a recent newspaper article I saved. Check out the full article:
http://web.theglobeandmail.com/trave.../shopping.html

Prada Outlet (outside Milan)
Also Miu Miu, Helmut Lang, Jil Sander
Loc. Levanella, SS
69 Montevarchi, Italy
Phone 39 (05) 591 901

Fendi Outlet
Via Pian dell'Isola
66/33 Rignano sull'Arno, Italy
Phone 39 (05) 5834 981

Dolce & Gabanna Spaccio
Loc. S. Maria Maddalena 49,
Incisa Valdarno, Italy
Phone 39 (05) 5833 1300

The Mall
southeast of Florence
Gucci, Yves St. Laurent, Sergio Rossi, Bottega Veneta Armani Outlets (D&G and Fendi right up the road - see above)

Happy shopping!
May 28th, 2003, 11:35 AM

I could not go to the Burberry Outlet in London last year, however, I have the address that I found on internet, have not been there so I do know if it is good or not. Please let me know.

Burberry Outlet,
29-53 Chatham Place, Hackney, London, E9. Tel: 020 8985 3344
May 28th, 2003, 01:33 PM

Bottomley and adhzp-
I have not personally been to the Burberry outlet, but have read posts (on this forum, I believe) that it is hit or miss many times, and may not be worth the long trip out to the outlet. It is my understanding, that even after the exchange rate you still save around $75 or so when purchasing, say a Novacheck handbag at one of the 'regular' Burberry stores in central London, which in my opinion is pretty darn good!
May 29th, 2003, 04:03 AM

You could get on a train from London to Portsmouth (about an hour)where there is a historical naval dockyard and a very large outlet "village" including Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Ted Baker, Nike, and hundreds more. It's called Gunwharf quays..lots of eateries and historic sightseeing to boot all in one place. If you have time, well worth a visit !
May 29th, 2003, 05:52 PM

A great web site that is based in Italy, but ships to the states, is www.yoox.com . They have all the brands your looking for from last season at 50% off. Good return policy too.
May 30th, 2003, 12:12 AM

over this past christmas, i visted mcarthur glen just outside milan. you can take the train to seravale ( sorry about the spelling) and catch a taxi to the outlet mall. It was fun. I bought 5 pairs of pants and 4 tops all for 80 euros. there were some good buys.good luck
May 30th, 2003, 12:48 PM
dln

If you go to www.tuscany.net you will find a list of factory outlets in Tuscany. It's on the left hand column. Prada was one of them.