Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   DEN-LHR tickets (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/den-lhr-tickets-463734/)

Ani Jul 30th, 2004 09:19 PM

DEN-LHR tickets

We need non stop tickets ( as we will be traveling with a 1 year old) and we have found our perfect dates (May) for about 675.00 per person . Any opinions? Should I wait? Can I find better?

Gardyloo Jul 30th, 2004 10:02 PM

It's not likely they're going to sell out anytime soon, and right now tickets are at pretty high levels because of fuel surcharges and poor exchange rates. I'd wait until September/October when fall sales often happen (starting now from the east coast); I think the chances of those fares going up are smaller than the chances of the fares going down. Look at fare-watch options at Travelocity or Yahoo travel - notification services that will let you know if prices go up or down.

kcsqueeze Jul 31st, 2004 04:45 AM

$675 sounds like a reasonable price for May. Could it go down, of course. But it could also go up.

I have always decided on a price that I would be comfortable paying. If that price comes up for our perfect dates I buy them. I'm more of a planner though and am not as comfortable as many people on this board waiting since I like to lock things in. Once the air is done, I can make hotel plans and then enjoy the peace of mind knowing that all the major pieces are in place. Then on to the fun part of planning everything else.

janis Jul 31st, 2004 04:49 AM

As Gardyloo says - it is way too early to be buying tickets for next May. If last Fall/Winter's sales (with prices that ran through June) are any indication you will be able to do a lot better.

I'd wait until Oct/Nov to start looking.

Gretchen Jul 31st, 2004 05:09 AM

She is talking non-stop from Denver. She is talking exact dates. That will sell out quickly. Our kids live in Denver and like to fly to Paris through Chicago so they can get a longer night's sleep. That flight sells out quickly also. If the price goes down they will issue a voucher, but for May I would doubt the price would be $100 difference. I think it is worth it for the peace of mind that it is done.

ira Jul 31st, 2004 05:25 AM

Hi ani,

Since your dates are fixed and you have to have a non-stop, I suggest that you buy the tickets if you are comfortable with the price and stop looking at prices.

675 isn't bad.

wojazz3 Aug 2nd, 2004 09:21 AM

Hi Ani. I fly out of Denver too. It is possible that the prices will go down or as ira says, buy them and don't worry about it. That is higher than I have ever paid to LHR (but not by a lot) and BA tends to have sales. It is unlikely that the price will drop by more than $100.

Bill

Ani Aug 3rd, 2004 09:58 AM

hmmm-well it seems mixed! I think we will wait just a bit longer. Let you know what I come up with! Thanks for the replies.