Reload this Page >

LONDON TO DUBLIN/DUBLIN TO PARIS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Paul Jacobs

i am flying into london and i need to get to dublin on a limited budget. i am spending three days and then going to paris. does anybody have a good suggestion for doing this? i heard there are ferries, but how does one get from the coast to these cities? any ideas either from london to dublin or from dublin to paris? i also heard that plane flights are pretty inexpensive from london to dublin. <BR>thanks. <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 07:30 AM
fiona

Hi Paul, <BR> <BR>Ferries are inexpensive but it would take forever and cut into your travel plans. <BR> <BR>My suggestion is fly - use Ryanair - they are very cheap and similar to Southwest airlines in the US. I think they fly to Paris as well from Dublin (although I think it's into a different airport than Charles deGaulle). <BR> <BR>Ryanair are online but I haven't the URL to hand - a search will find them. <BR> <BR>Good luck. <BR> <BR>Fiona.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 08:46 AM
Rex

RyanAir - - www.ryanair.com - - uses almost give away fares at times when they need to fill planes, but at other times, their fares may be no lower than Aer Lingus (just checked Apr 1-13, for example, Aer Lingus was cheaper). <BR> <BR>I got one of these incredible deals in September; London(STN)-DUB for only EIGHTEEN dollars (actually, there was $25 tax, making it $43), the fare to Paris (Beauvais) was only $27 - - and NO tax. <BR> <BR>It's true, Beauvais (BVA) is about 40 miles from the city, and is a VERY limited services airport (for example, no money change). But they do have Hertz, Avis, National car rental.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 09:35 AM
elvira

http://www.ryanair.ie/ <BR> <BR>19.99L one way to Paris Beauvais from Dublin is worth it. The ferry will take 19 hours - and if you get seasick at all, you will be in Hell..AND you leave from Rosslare (south of Dublin) and arrive in Cherbourg (southwest of Paris) so you have a couple of hours of train travel as well...yuck. <BR>London&lt;&gt;Dublin is not as bad, but you still have to travel by train to a port, then get a ferry, then get from the port to the city. Once again, check into Ryanai

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 10:30 AM
Emily

Hi Paul, I agree that you should try to find a cheap flight. Two months ago it cost 45 pounds to get from London to Pembroke Wales, then another 20 for the ferry to Rosslare Ireland. Even if the flight is a bit more expensive than that, it would be worthwhile b/c you'd save so much time. Also did the 17 hour ferry from France to Ireland back in '96, never knew what motion sickness felt like before that. Good luck!