DC to Dubrovnik in April

Dec 28th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

DC to Dubrovnik in April

I am doing priliminary research for a trip to Dubrovnik from DC in April. All of the flights I am finding are around $1500 which is well over what I was hoping to pay. Will the prices go down? Any suggestions on places to find flights in the 500-700 range?
Dec 28th, 2005, 02:44 PM

You can try to split up the trip by flying into a European gateway city, e.g London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, etc where you can then get a cheap flight to DBV. You can compare the prices of booking together vs separately.
Our tickets cost us less than $750 total when booked separately. Another $150 for hotel on the way back.

British air is currently running a sale to London for your time period. BA flies from London Gatwick to DBV, which you can get pretty cheap. You can book the Gatwick-DBV flight on their UK site.

The BA Croatia flights ONLY go out of Gatwick. You'll need to build in enough time to get to Gatwick from LHR if that is your entry point. Coming home on BA, the flight gets in too late to catch a flight back to DC. You will have to overnight in London.

If you use a budget airline, you have to build enough time to go thru immigration, retrieve luggage, and get checked into the budget airline by their minimum time at the airport that they use, no matter your European entry airport. Also be aware of strict checked luggage limitations. Overweight will cost you a lot of $$$.
With budget carriers, even using the same airport, the legacy carriers WILL NOT check your luggage thru to the final destination.

You can look on www.whichbudget.com to see if any budgets go to DBV from various European gateways.

DBV is gorgeous. Have fun!
Dec 28th, 2005, 04:39 PM

We used TravelTime agency, and they were helpful and got us a much better deal than what I found using the regular Orbitz, Travelocity, etc sites.

Their web site is www.traveltimeny.com; Phone numbers: 800-354-8728 or 718-721-1132 ; email [email protected]

Good luck!

Dec 29th, 2005, 04:32 AM

I recently did something similar to what nibblette suggests. Bought a round trip to Dublin and then got on www.aerlingus.com and bought a separate round trip ticket. They have some good fares direct from Dublin to DBV. You may have to spend a night in Dublin though to make it work on the way back.
Dec 29th, 2005, 06:47 AM

I've used Pan Adriatic for the past 4 years - however I go in September - a round trip ticket cost $700-$800. I'm surprised it's so expensive in April.

http://www.panadriatic.com/
Dec 30th, 2005, 08:41 AM

Thanks to this thread, I contacted Pan Adriatic and Travel Time NY. Estimates for air fare during September from both places are about 35% lower than anything I can find using typical search engines on the Internet.

Search this Thread