I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 3 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 6 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 7 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 8 Portugal
- 9 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 10 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 Budget campervans hire in Europe???
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 10 Days in Austria
- 18 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 19 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 20 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 21 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 22 Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 Le Marche Research Help
- 24 land vs river cruise
- 25 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??