I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 8 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 9 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 22 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 paris to london- day trip
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary