Days in Salzburg

Search

Days in Salzburg

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Days in Salzburg

We'll be driving from Fussen to Salzburg, my question is this, if we leave Fussen in the early morning will we have time to visit Salzburg in that same day. I want to visit Eagles's nest, salt mines, Hallsatt and all of the country sights, will I need 3 or 4 nights to do this. Kinda looks like 3 full days and 4 nights to me and then leave early for Munich but thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:28 PM

The drive from Fussen to Salzburg is about 3 hours, perhaps a bit less. Depending on how "early" is early to you this could give you quite a bit of time to see things in Salzburg.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 02:41 PM

I would visit the salt mine near Halstatt. It's an actual working mine. We took the tour & had a great time!

We spent 2 nights in Salzburg 3 days in Halstatt. As a Mozart-Lover I would have liked 3 nights in Salzburg so I could attend more concerts (I really wanted to see the marionnette show of the Magic Flute). We did see the Mozart Dinner Concert and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Halstatt is worth a night or two. We were on a 22 day trip, so we used it as a place to relax & recharge our batteries before moving on to Vienna.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

In a previous post I was told to make a day trip to Halstatt, that it was pretty close to to Salzburg.

So, is 3 nights enough time to see everything. There's also Berchtesgaden and St. Wolfgang. Seems like there's an awful lot to do and see right outside of Salzburg. I hear there's also ice caves in Werfen, could I see Salzburg and all of this in 2 1/2 days and 3 nights???
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
amaclise

Go to Innsbruck for a day if it works out!!!

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

OK, no one has answered if they think I need 4 nights to visit everything or will 3 nights be enough. Please help with this.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 10:42 AM

Depends on how fast you like to move, I guess. We spent three nights in Salzburg and only visited sites IN Salzburg, so don't forget about those place, too.
Vera
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

What did you visit in Salzburg for 3 days, everyone keeps telling me on this sight that 1 day is enough to visit all of Salzburg.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM
amaclise

It is entirely up to you as to how long it takes to see Salzburg. Look at a good guidebook and decide what you want to see in Salzburg and in the Salzburg environs.

If The Sound of Music is your favorite movie then it could take months, if you hate Maozart and music boxes then pass it by alogether.

You keep adding nearby attractions to your post so I don't think anyone can say for sure how long.