Thinking about going to Portugal this October.
Naturally I have checked out a bunch of books from the library and have started my research.
However, I would like Fodorite's suggestions of day-trips out of Lisbon -- by train.
We like historic places, art, parks and walks. Any special events in October might be of interest as well.
NOTE: This will be our 17th trip to Europe since I retired in 1999...we're pretty experienced with public transport and independent travel in general, and we love to walk...but never to Portugal. Flying out of PHL.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 4 Trans Siberian Train
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?