Some dear friends are going to Italy in March - staying at an agritourismo in Radda in Chianti. I told them I would help dig up information on day trips and am hoping you all can help me.
They will have 7 full days (not counting travel there and back) and are renting a car. They are both 50, in excellent shape, love wine, photography, seeing historical/architectually interesting sites, walking, hiking, bike riding.
We went to Italy a few years ago, but unfortunately ran out of time and did not make it to this area. I thought I had gotten a "Cypress Trees road" driving itinerary off of this site that included the Abbe Sant'Antimo, but now cannot find it.
If I did indeed get that here, can someone point me in the right direction to find it again? Also, we have a map of the area, but I know it takes much longer than it would appear to drive places in Italy. Is going to San Gimignano, Montepulciano, etc too far?
What are some other towns/places that you would suggest they go? A place they can go wine tasting?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Greece in end October
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Le Marche Research Help
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Favorite London memories
- 14 10 Days in Austria
- 15 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 16 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Avignon
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 8 months around Europe
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?