I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 2 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 3 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 4 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 5 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 6 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 12 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 20 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 21 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 Christmas week in Ireland
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!