I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 2 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Current plan for March trip
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 Spain in 2018
- 12 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 17 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 18 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 22 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 23 beware of robbed in Milan
- 24 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 25 Which Area in London?
Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence