Day trip to Reims or Dijon?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Lisa

Day trip to Reims or Dijon?

I would like to take one day trip while staying in Paris. Which trip would you recommend -Reims or Dijon?

Thanks so much for your advice.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 08:46 PM
charlene

Reims, definitely -beautiful cathedral, champagne district with tours...plus a little closer for the travelling.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 01:34 AM
HKTraveler

I need to travel from Paris to Reims in December. Since I have not been in France during this time of the year, can someone please tell me if it is safe to drive in this weather? Or are there better ways of getting to Reims?

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Lisa

I would love additional opinions and advice!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 08:50 PM
charlene

We prefer driving, the A roads are very good and well marked, although there are a lot of tolls. Most people seem to prefer the train, though, esp if travelling by themselves. And December here is not bad too travel, just take the normal precautions, you might get abit of freezing rain and the occasional dusting of snow - (so far not!)

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Lisa

Please, I'd love to hear more!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:28 PM
StCirq

Lisa: Why have you chosen Reims and Dijon in the first place? They are rather different. Without more information, I would say go to Reims because it is easier and closer. But have you considered all the other possible daytrips like Chantilly and Senlis and Compiègne and Fontainebleau and Auvers-sur-Oise and Giverny and Versailles and Vaux-le-Vicomte and....

I only ask because, as I said, Reims and Dijon are pretty different - I don't see a theme to your choice.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Lisa

St. Cirq

I don't have a theme to my choices. They are just 2 towns that seemed worthy of a visit.

I have already planned on going to Versaille and Giverny. I am open to any other suggestions as well. Is there a reason that I should not visit Dijon or Reims?

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:13 PM
StCirq

Lisa: No, there is no reason to exclude either one. I just found it a bit odd that you chose to ask about these two very different venues. You obviously want to get out of the city to see another area of France, and that's fine. I didn't realize you were taking other, shorter day trips. I still think Reims has more to offer for a daytrip and is easier as far as logistics. Enjoy!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 02:43 AM
steve

We enjoyed the both Reims and Dijon, although we enjoyed Beaune even more.
For lots of information on our visit to this area, check out my web site:
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5733/

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Lisa

Steve, thanks for your reply. What was it about Beaune that appealed to you so, as opposed to Reims and Dijon?

StCirq, thank you for your clarification. I would appreciate it if you could tell me a little more about Senlis. Thank you again!