Reload this Page >

Day trip to Normandy or spend the night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Ron

What would be a better idea? Day trip to Normandy from Paris (9 people)or spending the night in Normandy and returning the next day?

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Keith

Spend the night. There is is a great deal to see and you will spent too much of your time traveling.<BR><BR> Keith

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:28 PM
lafrancaise

Spend the night in Normandy. Bayeux or Caen is too far from Paris to make it a day trip (via train or otherwise) so it would be much more worthwhile to stay overnight, allowing enough time to see the sites (DDay beaches, Mont St. Michel, etc). I would even recommend 2 days out there since it takes a substantial block of time via the train and transfers (Paris-Bayeux). The tours to the DDay beaches, Mont St. Michel, etc are usually 1/2 day long each.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:56 PM
jeff

spend the night (or two). The are is great. Try Mt. St Micheal at one end and/or Honfleur at the other.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Bob

Let me put it this way: I have a close, well-traveled friend. He recently took a 55 day around the world trip by air. He went everywhere. I asked him his favorite stop....the answer was Normandy. He added an extra day there and needed more. Spend the night. I travel a lot also and want to get back to that area. One day trip will not cut it.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 04:33 PM
JOdy

Spend the night..while I did not find the D-day beaches half as interesting as the WW1 sights..the whole area was beautiful and worth extra time