Day trip to Camargue

Jun 18th, 2015, 03:28 AM
Original Poster

Day trip to Camargue

We are planning a day trip from Avignon to the Camargue next week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. I am thinking we will drive from Avignon to Aiges-Mortes in the morning. Check out Aiges-Mortes and the salt flats in the area (will the salt lakes be pink this time of year?) have lunch and head to Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and the Ornithological park there. If we find the temperature and wind favorable we may have a bike ride sometime that day... or we could spend some time at the beach near Saintes-Maries.

I have read recommendations for Chez Bob, Chez Juju, La Chassagnette and Le Telline. Are any of the inappropriate for kids? My kids aren't "chicken nugget" type eaters, but I do have one that is not adventurous at all. I am also looking for something moderately priced, so less than €100 for 2 adults, one teen boy and two kids (10 & 7). Any suggestions?

Have I missed anything that I need to consider? Thanks!!
Jun 18th, 2015, 09:17 AM

your restaurant choices are good but your price limit
may not be enough. I've been to all those places but not for several years. In some areas are lots of mosquitoes
so bring protection. I liked watching the wild white horses.
If you have binoculars bring them. There are platform viewing stands along the road where they were needed to view the pink flamingoes. St Marie is not interesting IMHO.
I;ve stayed in aigue Morte. La Chassagnette is worth the splurge. I wonder if the dog at Telline is still alive. He would remove your napkin after finished dining.

Search this Thread