Overnight Trip From Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to Paris in early August this year for about 11 days and I've been wondering if I should take an overnight trip to Brugge or London. I'm already planning a day trip for Versailles and another day trip for the Loire chateaus. Is it worth taking an overnight trip outside of France with 9 days left in Paris? I was originally thinking about a Normandy overnight trip, but now I'm considering an overnight trip to London or Brugge/Brussels/Ghent or possibly even Amsterdam. What should I do?
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 04:39 AM

Only you can decide if you want to take an overnight trip from Paris. We have a hard time leaving Paris but all of your suggestions are worthwhile places to visit. I would consider making the Loire Valley trip an overnight or going with your original thought of Normandy.

London deserves much more time and I have never been a huge fan of Belgium but you need to decide what you would like to see.

Happy planning.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 04:40 AM

How many nights do you actually have on the ground? Is it 11 days plus the day you arrive and the day you depart?

If so, you might want to do an overnight. I would do Brugge - since so little London would be - for me - completely frustrating. But you can see a lot of Brugge in and afternoon, evening and following morning.

If you don;t have that many days I would just stick to Paris plus your planned trips - since there is SO much to see.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Just to clarify, I'm staying for 11 days not including travel days to and from the states.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never figured out the point of over-nighting in London, there is just so much to see/do. If I were going to do an overnight from Paris it would be to Nancy, but I am a very big fan of Art Nouveau. It is also a lot less likely than Bruges to be overrun with other tourists.