We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London vacation rental agency
- 2 Greece during Easter week or August
- 3 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 9 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 10 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 11 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 Iceland driving in March
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 Northern Spain road trip
- 22 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 Help with Spain itinerary
- 24 Where to stay in Naples?
- 25 Driving