Reload this Page >

Hey i am planning a Germany and Switzerland TRIP. Help Needed

Old May 7th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey

I live in Sweden and next month i will be going on a Germany and Switzerland Trip for 5 to 6 days and i need some help regarding routes, cheap airlines, trains and cheap hotels. From Sweden, i will be going to Berlin first because my friend lives there.

Here are the places on my travelling list.

From Berlin i will go to

1-Munich (Germany)
2- Then, Konstanz (Germany)
3-Rheinfalls (Switzerland)
4-Interlaken (Switzerland)
5- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
6- Grindelwald (Switzerland)
8- Back to Berlin

So i need ur help in:

1- from berlin onwards, should i go by air or by train to all these places

2- in which airline or train (that is cheap)?

3- how many days should i give to each place so that i can explore it?

4- While trevelling, where (places mentioned in 1 to 6) should i choose to stay fr night and find a good affordable hotel.

5- How much money should i take with me in Euros? Just a rough estimate of all.

6- In the last i just wana ask that one of my friend told me that from Berlin i should first go to Prague (Czech Republic) and from there i should go to Munich and onwardes (places mentioned in 1 to 6). So, is it a good idea? Or should i just stick to my own plan? Also if u can add something to my travelling list keeping in mind the 5 to 6 days trip.

Thanks
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM

You have this tagged as a trip report, which it isn't. You should email the editors and ask them to remove the tag.
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:37 PM

Hi Zarak,

You can do all of your trips easily and quickly by train. In fact, a car will be an expensive hindrance in Switzerland.

I suggest that you don't make Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, and Grindelwald separate bases -- they are all very close to each other, and you can see them as day-trips.

You should get your ticket from Germany to Switzerland as soon as possible. The discounted fares go on sale 90 days early, but they sell out fast. As soon as your destinations and routes are set, you should get the ticket. Use

www.bahn.com

to see and purchase.

Have fun as you plan!

s
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As indicted above, of the three you might wish to make Lauterbrunnen your base for the Bernese Oberland and I totally agree that you can do it all by rail. HOWEVER, you may want to consider flying from Berlin to Bern if that seems appropriate:

http://www.flyskywork.com/en
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

@swandav2000

Thanks alot for you suggestions. Bro actually its my first ever trip so i hope you don't get annoyed from my questions as i know nothing about these trips and routes etc.

I would be arriving in Berlin on 21st of june. So can you like just draw a day by day Trip plan for me if thats possible

e.g If you can tell me like this that "on 21st june, explore munich in the day and then take a train to Konstanz and stay there for the night and in the morning (22nd june) explore konstanz and then take a train for Rheinfalls etc etc.

I knw it seems a bit funny but trust me i have never been on trips so i need proper guidance. I hope i am not irritating you.

Please mention dates and give time allocation for exploring, reaching and staying in for night for each place.

I hope i am not asking for too much.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:24 AM

5-6 days it is impossible to cover all those places - I would concenrate this time on Germany and do Switzeland another time. Again nearly impossible even if you want to be on trains the whole time. But here is a possible svcnario

From Berlin i will go to

1-Munich (Germany)
2- Then, Konstanz (Germany)
3-Rheinfalls (Switzerland)
4-Interlaken (Switzerland)
5- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
6- Grindelwald (Switzerland)
8- Back to Berlin

How about
Berlin 1 day
overnight train to Munich
Munich 1 day
Konstanz and Rhine Falls 1 day (this one I would cut out and give more time to Munich
Interlaken 2 days
final day fly back to Sweden.

Prague is a major detour - several hours by train or bus from Munich - leave it for another time.

Travel between those places takes 4 hours or so so there is a half day gone - packing, unpacking, etc - pack really light for such a short trip.

For lots of goodies on trains in those countries check out www.seat61.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com - for Switzerland www.swisstravelsystem.com.
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:29 AM

Hi again,

Of course you're not irritating, but unfortunately, no, I'm afraid I can't create an itinerary for you. I'm not a travel agent -- I can look at your plans and give you advice.

I don't create day/day itineraries for my own trips, lol!

I normally have a prioritized list of things I want to do in each destination, then when I wake up that day, I decide which one to do, based on the weather, how I feel, etc.

I will add that I agree that you are trying to do far too much in too few days. With eight days, I would have maybe three destinations. I live south of Munich, and I do think that Bavaria alone can fill two weeks.

Best of luck as you work it out!

s
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd slow down and having got to Konstanz, hire some roller blades and spend a week rolling round the lake. Some advice here http://www.mybikeguide.co.uk/Lake_Constance_Guide.php
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:32 AM

Why on a fifrst trip down south do you want to go to Konstanz - a nice but not overwhelming city - I prefer Lindau, also on Lake Constance over Konstanz - Lindau lovingly sticks out into the lake on a peninsula and IMO is a nicer town than Konstanz, which is nice enough.

Perhaps to go to the Rhine Falls, well again I would say use your time in Switzerland more in the fantstic Jungfrau area and let much less awesome sights go for another juant.