My friend and I are visiting in December (on the 1st) and have organised to rent a car and visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We've reserved tickets for 10:50am which should give us enough time to drive from Munich (Rental pick up is at 7am - imagine we should be out with the keys no later than 7;30) to Neuschwanstein, find some parking and be there within their requested time to pick up tickets.
What I was wondering is after the tour does anyone have suggestions of where to stop off on the drive home?
We'd like to stop in one or two smaller towns as we're doing quite a bit of traveling through Europe and will be in capital cities most of the time so will be nice for a change of scenery even if it is only brief. We have the car until 7pm that night but I'm aiming to arrive back in Munich at 6:30pm so we have that half an hour in case.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sleep at Heathrow
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Self Drive UK tour
- 6 Where to See Flamenco
- 7 2 week May trip with kids
- 8 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 9 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 10 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 11 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 Airport Transfer
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Rail vs. Plane
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 20 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 21 Arezzo - how much time?
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 New Years in France