I will be in London for 2 weeks in August (will have 3 days in total for the 2 weekend as I will be flying off on Saturday night on the 2nd weekend). I am just wondering if there is any nice place that I can visit as a day trip from London, I prefer a small city/village or some place with nice and authentic castle. I also like places that can offer some medieval feel (to some extend like the old town in Edinburgh).
It will be my second trip to London, I've covered the major attractions in London (except Tower of London) previously and have took a day trip to Warwick Castle (the castle is nice but just feel a little commercialised to me) and Straford and Oxford. Also been to Manchester, York and Edinburgh previously. Therefore I have covered the places that I would like to go in my previous trip, the only place that I didn't managed to visit is Costwolds and Bath.
Naturally Bath or Costwolds is high on my list but did some reading on the internet that you will need a car to best nagivate around the villages in Costwolds? Bath in August I would expect to be very busy and probably will be crowded with tourists. Is there any nice small villages that would make a it possible as a day trip from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 3 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 6 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 9 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT