I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @ Password Recovery CONTACT 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt 24\7
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 Where to buy Saffron?
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 9 Portugal
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 13 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 14 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 15 paris to london- day trip
- 16 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 17 The World's Greatest Churches
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 20 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 21 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 24 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 25 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days