Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Day Tour of Wine and Food around Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone recommend a tour for our group staying in Florence in September that includes wine tasting and a meal? We have a member having a birthday on Sunday and it would be great to have an outing to celebrate and not have to worry about transport and see a little more than we might find ourselves.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM

Tuscan Wine Tours with Angie get good reviews here and elsewhere. http://www.tuscanwinetours.net/index.htm. On Sunday Angie offers private tours, with shared group tours (max 8 people) are offered other days. Search here or Google for Tuscany wine tours or Chianti wine tours for other options.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM

http://www.walkaboutflorence.com/

I would highly recommend the Best of Tuscany tour by walkabout Florence. Me and 5 of my friends went on this tour in May and we had a fabulous time, great customer service, good food and the highlights of the area

Enjoy

Christine
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM

Donatella at www.winetourintuscany.com conducts wine tours out of Florence and Siena. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour from Siena and our daughter and husband equally enjoyed their tour out of Florence. Prices include several wine tastings and lunch, and the more people joining the tour (I think the maximum is 8), the less per person cost. Donatella is a great guide and lots of fun. She has a big new van and arrives promptly to pick you up from your hotel. Learn more about Donatella and her tours at her website.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM

Check out the fiat500touringclub.com. Have not tried it yet but scheduled for the end of September.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

That's 500touringclub.com and I'll try them now.
I'm asking all the suggestions by email - thank you.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:26 PM

Luca Garrapa of www.hillsandroads.com does private tours in Tuscany. He is well loved on this board, and others, and I can highly recommend him. He is a very intelligent young man, passionate about his country and the beautiful areas he can take you to visit. He speaks several languages including English and Italian of course. He has private and semi-private tours available and you can choose exactly what you want to do and where you want to go. He charges by the hour at very reasonable rates. Enjoy your time in beautiful Toscana !!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all. Nothing useful has turned up so far - not on Sunday or can't take ten,or 5 hours in the bus, or a thousand dollars without lunch....
I'm now thinking of a river cruise or lunch/dinner in a fun place...
I'll post a new Question about this...
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM

Tommmo -- don't give up. Surely there is a driver out there who could accommodate your group in a large van. Why don't you post a new question about the possibility of hiring a driver with transportation for your group? Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:38 PM

Tommmo - Luca Garrapa drives a large van, and is able to accomodate up to 9 persons (or maybe more) I believe. Have you tried contacting him?
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your interest guys. Luca didn't work out for us unfortunately. We might have to give up on the tour , at least on the birthday (a Sunday) and find something else like a picnic in Florence somewhere nice. A lot of things are closed on Sundays like the theatre restaurant Teatro del Sale - which looks terrific!