We have hired a car for a day for when we are in Munich to go and see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. We will be doing this on December 1st.
Is anyone able to suggest any routes or stops that would be worth checking out throughout? We chose to drive rather than take a tour for that extra bit of freedom and to follow more of our own pace so want to make the most of that and check out a few places along the way.
From what I've read it would be good to get Neuschwanstein done first and earlier to beat the tour groups, however I'm not sure it will really get as busy being December? I could be wrong. Then head over to Linderhof and back to Munich. If this trip is better done in reverse please also let me know
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 beware of robbed in Milan
- 9 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 10 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler