Reload this Page >

Dalhousie Castle/Hotel/Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 06:20 AM
Virginia

Looking for any info on the Dalhouse Castle/Hotel/Restaurant in the Edinburgh area of Scotland.

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 09:13 AM
Sheila

No personal info, and nothing in my guide books. Try e-mailing Tony Hughes- (Stellarossa) <BR> <BR>Are you sure it's in Edinburgh?

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 11:28 AM
John

Hi, Virginia <BR>Look at http://www.celticcastles.com/castles/dalhousie/ <BR>Time was they had one of those awful "medieval banquet" features at Dalhousie, you know, throwing chicken legs about, wenches with "mead"...evidently it's changed somewhat although we tend to give a wide berth to "theme" rooms etc. <BR>Good luck.

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 02:04 PM
Tony Hughes

ITS A ONE OFF <BR> <BR>Dalhousie Castle is on the edge of a town called Bonnyrigg, about 6 miles south of Edinburgh. It's ok, if a little expensive. If it's an old castle you are looking for then this is it. I work about 2 miles from Dalhousie, there are major roadworks on the bridge next to the castle at the minute (my departments fault) - the bridge isn't strong enough to hold 40 tonne lorries but it's not really a problem. It wont keep you awake or anything. <BR> <BR>If you need any more help/info then email me <BR> <BR>regards

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 01:48 AM
Norman

Can it be true???

Old Jun 12th, 1999, 12:57 PM
tony hughs

<BR> <BR>Tony thanks for your respose we are pschyed about the Castle, but they can only accomodate us for the first two nights of our stay. One of our travelers is 89 yrs old (my mogher) she's in great health and has been traveling to Europe with me for the last three years in your opinion is the Castle a good pick for someone her age? <BR>

Old Jun 13th, 1999, 01:57 PM
Tony Hughes

Virginaia, if that last posting was from you then I have emailed you with my response. <BR> <BR>regards <BR> <BR>Tony