d'Aubusson vs Pont Royal

Sep 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

d'Aubusson vs Pont Royal

After having read a bunch of tripadvisor reviews, I would appreciate any input from people who know both hotels. Family of 4 (two teenage daughters), never been to Paris, 4 nights early Aug 2009. Will be taking two rooms. Cost seems roughly comparable. Any comments comparing the two hotels, the area, and/or the room levels in the hotels (obviously big price swings from std, to superior, to deluxe, etc.)
Thanks
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

I am particularly interested in anybody who can compare the Prestige Room at the Pont Royal to the Superior at the d'aubusson - they seem to be at the same price.
Thanks
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM

I have stayed at both hotels. I was in a standard room at the Pont Royal, and it was very small. I don't know about a Prestige room. I did have a superior room at the D'Aubusson which was a nice size....large by Paris left bank hotels standards.

I much prefer the D'Aubusson as the location IMHO is better than the Pont Royal. The D'Aubusson is in the heart of the 6th which is a great area full of cafes, great restaurants, markets and shopping. The Pont Royal is on the edge of the 6th in a much quieter area. I think your daughters would enjoy the other area more.

Also, the staff at the D'Aubusson are very warm and helpful, not so much at the Pont Royal.

Sep 15th, 2008, 02:07 PM

We stayed at Hotel d'Aubusson in July of 2007 with our two teenagers and will be going back in April. We visit Paris fairly regularly, and really love this hotel and it's central location. Last time we stayed in two grande luxe rooms on the second floor, which were large by Parisian standards and outfitted with every amenity. My understanding is that the prestige room is slightly larger than the grande luxe room.
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Misread your post, sorry! The superior room is slightly SMALLER than the grande luxe room, but quite nice. I think in terms of area, the Hotel d'Aubusson is much more convenient and central.